trance forum

trance forum

trance mp3 download

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What plugins and software for general trance production?

Making music :: Infected Mushroom - I Wish  
Tech0rz
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

ello everyone, My first post icon_eek.gif!

I've been using fruity loops for sometime now, but my songs are still lacking the sound i want. U know, the typical trance sounds that almost every trance artist can create. I've tried various plugins, TS404, 3x OSC, SimSynth. Fair enough, you can get some nice sounds, but how do the real trance artists create such ideal sounds. And if that requires expensive hardware like mixers and such, what other ways is there to create these sounds, using software are plugins alone. Which software would you personally recommend? I've tried logic audio platinum and that was just a complete puzzle to me, so i'm goin to try cu-base sx.

Is cu-base better than fruity loops for making trance tunes? does it have better capabilities for creating trance sounds? What plugins do you recommend?

Any other info would be appreciated...thx in advance
View users profile Send private message
PsihO!
Main Room Raver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

Look ... i know exactly what u mean so i'll tell u this ... many trance dj's don't create those soundz u've heard, many of them don't even create their own melodies ... they just have ways of finding good vynils and playing them just fo' their dj interestz ...

i know u probably mastered 3xOSC & TS404 and i'll post ya later some links to some plugins ... first u check this site for some info or watevah ( http://www.flstudio.com/help/html/basics_externalplugins.htm ) this will help u if u already have some plugins or watevah ...

post ya later icon_wink.gif
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

I have just started using Sonic Foundy's Acid, which I have to say looks quite impressive on the out set but which is in fact quite limiting. I am currently looking for some other ways to produce some music cheaply and easily (for my own pleasure) so if any one else has any ideas then please let me know.

For the moment I may try some off the shelf packages and just return them if they don't fit the bill.

Laters.
Goa Trancer
Party Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

I use Fruity Loops and have the same problem. I usually mix synths together,for example having a 3x0sc, TS404, and Wasp playing to the same tune to make one big sound instead of just one plugin. To make it sound better, I add a reeverb, chorus, a light delay, and sometimes flangus or flanger.
MonkeyAbuser
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

I'm new here!
Well, I'm 16 years old, and I do all my production from my bedroom by using Reason 2.5. I've pulled off some farily good tracks, but nothing too special. Most of what I do is remixes, cause... I still need to work quite a bit on original tracks.
But, I know enough to recommend Propellerheads Reason 2.5 to ANYBODY. Great for creating good synth sounds.
Lates, bitches.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

Reason is a really good piece of softwre for trace, some of the sounds ae amazing. There are some pitfalls however:

1. you can't record audio directly into the foftware

2. you cant use any other instrements, you are stuck with the ones previded, nothing elce.

Also you have to avoide sounding like everyone elce who uses reason as alot of the music created on this software can sound very samie and un inspiring! Remember, try and do something different to everybody elce, you may want to try and sound similar to an artist you like but try some new sounds, I even have a sax in my new track! icon_smile.gif
MonkeyAbuser
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

Whoa, wait a minute, wait a minute!
That second thing you said there sirs about being limited to what they give you... to put it bluntly, no, you're wrong.
1st off, download refills. Go to www.reasonstation.net, go the the Refills page and download away.
2ndly, you do realize that you can insert your own recorded Wav and Aiff files into it, right?
3rdly, both the Subtractor and the Maelstrom are simulated synthesizers so you have full control over the sound of the synths if you know what you're doing.

Just letting you know incase you didn't already.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

Tech0rz wrote:
ello everyone, My first post icon_eek.gif!

I've been using fruity loops for sometime now, but my songs are still lacking the sound i want. U know, the typical trance sounds that almost every trance artist can create. I've tried various plugins, TS404, 3x OSC, SimSynth. Fair enough, you can get some nice sounds, but how do the real trance artists create such ideal sounds. And if that requires expensive hardware like mixers and such, what other ways is there to create these sounds, using software are plugins alone. Which software would you personally recommend? I've tried logic audio platinum and that was just a complete puzzle to me, so i'm goin to try cu-base sx.

Is cu-base better than fruity loops for making trance tunes? does it have better capabilities for creating trance sounds? What plugins do you recommend? hey reason user here started off with reason 1.0 now on 2.5
into dance music trance is so easy to make on reason!!!!
check www.propellerheads.se icon_arrow.gif

Any other info would be appreciated...thx in advance
MzD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

I am not well versed in the technical points of making music, nor do I have a completed song (damn demo version, I'm gettting the full one for Christmas) but I use Fruity Loops to start making Trance, it works great for me. I don't really have the paitence to make my own sounds, so I wind up using presets and samples. But I find that tweaking with presets helps alot. I get most of my stuff off of this site:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/.html

It has alot of great free stuff (I really like Aqua) and sorta gives ur library a bit of variety. Only downside I can say about those free plugins, is that in FL it wont let me edit the events on the synths I download, (there might be a way, but not one that I know). Like I said, I am new myself, been using the demo for about 2 months now, I can't wait for the full, but that site kinda adds to the stuff U can mess around with. Give it a shot.
MzD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: What plugins and software for general trance production? Reply with quote

Btw, a way I learned to do most everything I know how to do on FL Studio, load up some of the pre made songs that come with the demo, (my fave is Scott Fisher Monolithic-Filter) and just sorta snoop around in it. Ya know, check their mixer settings, their synth setting throughout the songs, I learned so much from doing that. (Srry if I'm telling U stuff U already know)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trance forum -> DJs, Freaks, and Fans All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: