trance forum

trance forum

trance mp3 download

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's

Any Israeli trancers out there? :: More than 10000 record labels ! Choose !  
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Hi, I am quite new to Trance, been to a few gigs at Glastonbury, South Africa, Thailand, but never really got into the music. Until this week. I went to Camden Market in North London and bought a CD: Blue Leprechaun compiled by DJ F-Rat. (Israeli DJ) The artists and DJ's featured on this album are mostly Israeli, namely:

Cosmic Tone
Ultravoice
Intelabeam
Sirius Isness
Visual Paradox
Apocalypse
Aquatica
Sesto Sento

What I would like to know is what sort of Trance is this deemed to be and is there anywhere in London that I can go to enjoy this music.
I am not a great fan of the Euro Trance which seems to be mostly uplifting Trance. This album is quite hard but I wouldn't deem it Techno. It is very melodic but still manages to maintain a hard edge.

If anyone know these artists/DJ's then maybe you could recommend some other albums.

The website www.compact-records.com lists each artist and some of their other stuff but I don't want to risk buying a mediocre album, been there done that.

Thanks,
Steve.
View users profile Send private message
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

What sort of board is this?

icon_confused.gif icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif
PsihO!
Main Room Raver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

this board is like a desert lately ... but when i think better ... it was always like this ... icon_confused.gif ... .... about ur unknown DJ's .... hmmmm Aquatica & Visual paradox soundz familiar ...... peace ...
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. At last someone hears me!!! icon_lol.gif

I have found these artists on the following websites if anyone is interested.I think the genre is Psytrance.

You can hear some tracks on this one.
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/com/com1cd017.html

And download tracks on this one.
http://www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=13125&ref=4262

And lots of reviews on this one
http://www.trance.net/article/archive/28/

Happy listening. I'm still eagerly awaiting 6 cd's that I ordered from Israel Trance. If you get onto wwww.israel-music.com and search on some of the artists you get to hear the tracks when you click on the album.

Take it easy.
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Just found this album which looks quite good but can't find it to buy yet.

Afula On (Com.Pact Records) 2004 (CPCD018)

1. Sesto Sento Teddy Enters Wonderland
2. Apocalypse Play Boy
3. Ferbi Boys Backteset 2004
4. Gataka Vs. Bizzare Contact Vs. Bishop The Dracle
5. Aquatica Place Of Panic
6. Systemic Systemic On A Machine (Ferbi Boys Edition)
7. Intergalactic Waves Of Joy
8. Gataka Vs. Thujon Son Pax
9. Apocalypse Vs. Sesto Sento Soul Calibur

And here is the review by some chap:
First out is a track they have made themselves. Sesto Sento released an album on Com.Pact Records last year called The Bright Side, but the track we get here is new. Like on the album, they give us some kind of clubby style, which I find quite boring. Very fluffy melodies and not much deep vibes at all. Clubby morning trance. Track 2 is much better. This one is by an upcoming act called Apocalypse (Itai Yona). It goes deeper, with more interesting sounds and variation. Very drifting all the way through. My favourite track on this compilation, and Im sure we will hear more from this guy in the future. Track 3 is by Ferbi Boys, which is a side project by two of the Sesto Sento guys (Aviram Saharai and Itai Spector). Here they continue their clubby style. We get several jumpy, quite funny sounds in there, but I find it a bit boring after a little while. Track 4 is a collaboration between Gataka, Bizzare Contact and Bishop (Matan Kadosh, Didi Ezra, Kfir Lankry and Chris Guimaraes), all three familiar in the Com.Pact label. This is a better track, with a nice ethnic voice above the heavy, rolling bass line, but there could have been some more variation in it.

Track 5 is by a new upcoming act called Aquatica (Elad Asy). This one starts quite dramatic. The bass line in this one is more hard pushing than the other tracks on this album, and the dramatic, intense vibes follows the track through. Track 6 is by another new name in the trance scene, Systemic (Dekel Maman), but Ferbi Boys has done something with it too. A drifting track with quite a lot of funny psychedelic sounds and more variation than many other tracks with Ferbi Boys involved. Track 7 is by Intergalactic (Vik Shefy). A pretty massive, full on track with some strong, crazy melodies. One of the best tracks on this compilation in my opinion. Then we get a collaboration between Gataka and Thujon (Matan Kadosh and Simon Schwendener). This one has a stumpy vibe and is not as full on as the Galactic track. I miss some more variation here. The last track they give us is a collaboration between Apocalypse and Sesto Sento themselves. I prefer it when Apocalypse goes solo. Here we get some nagging riffs, which sounds boring in my ears pretty fast.

This compilation is for sure not among the best Com.Pact releases. The Sesto Sento guys could easily have gone a bit deeper here. Except for a couple of tracks, most of the tracks on this compilation sound quite mediocre in my ears.
PK (shivapks@hotmail.com)
PsihO!
Main Room Raver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Nice one mate icon_wink.gif i've been into israel psy & trance but i was always getting away from it by listening to SHIVA: the psychedelic Tip-Trip I,II & III icon_wink.gif

Last edited by PsihO! on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
karmafunk
Party Raver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Trance Newbie: Any one know these Artists and DJ's Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll have a look at that as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trance forum -> DJs, Freaks, and Fans All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: