trance forum

trance forum

trance mp3 download

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Midi to MP3 ?

hello :: Trance leads  
Eric Melech
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Midi to MP3 ? Reply with quote

Is there a program or technique available for converting Midi tracks into MP3s so I can burn them to a music CD and then listen to them on my CD player? Thanks in advance.
View users profile Send private message
sunix
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: MIDI to MP3 converter Reply with quote

Hi Eric,

Technically this conversion is not possible although there are workarounds. MIDI is not actual audio but a series of numbers instructing how music is to be played back. MIDI is entirely dependant on the sound card or other hardware that it will be played back on. Moreover, MIDI is for instruments alone and not for vocals. MP3, on the other hand, is compressed audio and contains instruments, vocals....anything that is on the original audio file.

MIDI to MP3 Conversion Workarounds

You can always run the MIDI file through your sound card (double click the .mid file you want to render), at the same time use an audio capture program, and then convert the captured audio (WAV) to MP3 format ...
Eric Melech
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

sunix.. I'd just like to say... OH MY GOD THANK YOU!! Can I get you a soda? A muffin? A brand new, 200 gig HD, 3.2 GHZ processor, 1.5 gig of RAM, with all the developer software you could imagine on a PC???

I've been looking for a way to listen to my DOOM tracks through my CD player for well over a year! You don't know how happy I am! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!!!

--------------------------

I downloaded this audio capture program (RiverPast) to do the job. It's a decent download, but I need to shell out $20 for it to record past two minutes. Also the recorded music is.. shall we say less than perfect. Sounds alright on some songs, but downright unbearable on others. I'll ask them about it on their forum, but do any of you totally cool people know a better recording program that doesn't have a time cap and records with better quality?
sunix
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Free audio capture program Reply with quote

Hi Eric,

Quote:
Can I get you a soda? A muffin? A brand new, 200 gig HD, 3.2 GHZ processor, 1.5 gig of RAM, with all the developer software you could imagine on a PC???

Sure you can... My 3 years old 900 MHz PIII really needs an "update" ! icon_wink.gif

I am using a free utility bundled with my Soundblaster Live Platinum called "Liveware RECORDER" to record MIDI and audio playback to a WAV or MP3 file ready to be burned to a CD :

I don't know for other audio cards, though... Have a look at the software bundled with you audio card ! icon_idea.gif
Eric Melech
Bedroom Raver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years old 900 MHz PIII?? You DO need an upgrade! Especially if you've got XP. Of course you could get XPlite, which would be less hardware intensive.

I went digging around on my hard disk and found something called RtlRack. It's very similar to the program that you have (and must have come with my Avance AC'97 Audio)! One problem: when it asks me which device I'd like to record from, I don't know which one to choose! It's got Microphone, Line In, CD Player, TV Tuner, Aux, Mono Mix, Stereo Mix, SPDIF, and Phone Line. I'm truely baffled. I certainly hope to get this problem resolved before 2004!!
sunix
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Avance AC'97 audio card Reply with quote

Never heard about XPLite before. Cool XP tweaking utility, thanks for the tip !

My PIII 900 MHz / 512 SDRAM / 40 Go HD runs XP Pro perfectly, though ... icon_cool.gif

AC'97 audio card, you say ... icon_neutral.gif

It seems like your audio card doesn't have a "what you hear" record device, like my SBlive Platinum.
Perhaps that someone with an AC'97 can help you, but I guess it will be hard to do with that kind of card ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trance forum -> DJs, Freaks, and Fans All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: